Marble is a metamorphic rock resulting from the regional recrystallisation of sedimentary carbonate rocks, usually limestone or dolomite rock. It comes in a vast range of colours from white, green, red to black and its veining generally contrasts with the base stone colour. Marble offers a luxurious alternative to other stone products: it has been used as a building material for centuries and is suitable for many different applications including indoor worktops and cladding depending on the particular type of marble. Its unique colours and veining exude an elegance that no other stone products can match. The use of marble worktops in interior design offer a beautiful look which can not be equalled. Marble is recommended mainly for surfaces with lighter use such as vanity tops, shelves, window sills and the like as well as rustic-style kitchen worktops. Although marble is a more delicate stone than granite, which means it can be scratched or etched, once sealed it is very hardwearing.
Benefits of marble work surfaces
- Unique elegant look
- Waterproof/resistant once sealed
Some of the more widely used marbles are listed below. If you would like some advice on how marble could be used in your project, then please feel free to get in contact with us.
Marble Worktop Colours
Get a Free Quote
Why Buy From Berkshire Stone
- Very competitive pricing (price match available on like-for-like quotes)
- Fully stocked showroom & stone yard
- Wide choice of stone products
- 5-day turnaround from template to installation
- Experienced in-house staff
- Comprehensive template, fabrication and fitting service
- We understand needs of both domestic & commercial customers
- Balanced combination of traditional methods in conjunction with modern machinery to ensure the best end product