Granite is a common and widely occurring type of intrusive igneous rock , rich in quartz and feldspar, and found in many countries around the globe, from India to Brazil. It is one of the hardest wearing of all natural materials and produces a beautiful look and feel above all when polished.
Granites can be pink to dark grey or even black with blue and green variations also available; each quarry produces a stone with its own unique colour and characteristics. As a material Granite is nearly always massive, hard and tough, and for this reason it has gained widespread popularity as a construction stone and is perfect for worktops in a variety of rooms.
With different types of granite to suit all budgets, it is an exceptionally versatile material that is often used for work surfaces in kitchens and bathrooms, domestically and commercially, providing a stylish look and feel.
Benefits of granite work surfaces
- Extremely durable
- Scratch & impact resistant
- Water proof, largely stain resistant surface
Granite Worktop Colours
Get a Free Quote
Why Buy From Oxford Granites
- Very competitive pricing (price match available on like-for-like quotes)
- Fully stocked showroom & stone yard
- Wide choice of stone products
- 5-day turnaround from template to installation
- Experienced in-house staff
- Comprehensive template, fabrication and fitting service
- We understand needs of both domestic & commercial customers
- Balanced combination of traditional methods in conjunction with modern machinery to ensure the best end product