Built-in appliances are an integrated design that runs smoothly against the kitchen furniture, offering a seamless design, with little or no gaps, minimising nooks and crannies where dirt and dust can build up. They are an ideal appliance if your kitchen lacks space, and can be installed at different levels e.g. eye-level or beneath those luxury worktops.
- They save on worktop space. Microwaves and ovens can be built-in to make a bank of appliances
- They can make your kitchen work better for you, creating a perfect multi-functional kitchen
- Some appliances may not go with your kitchen cabinetry or within your kitchen style
- Your kitchen will gain space and certainly feel much bigger without freestanding fridges and cookers
- They will add value to your property if done properly
Built-in appliances are a great addition to the kitchen especially an open-plan space. Open-plan living spaces are becoming more and more popular in today’s homes, so create a living space that is cosy with those cooking appliances hidden away.
Lots of appliances nowadays are fitted with energy-saving ratings that are a great choice for the future and for homeowners that are looking to sell. A slim built-in dishwasher that’s slotted neatly between two cupboards draws attention to potential buyers.
Appliances are a chef’s best friend. If you are lucky enough to be able to fit an island into your space, you may want to build a built-in oven underneath to provide you with a cooking area that’s all in one place. A tall unit is also a great idea to house built-in appliances, making it easier to access and check on your food.
- Single or double ovens can be neatly housed under a worktop or in a tall unit
- Dishwashers can be housed in a run of units or the kitchen island
- Electric, Gas and Induction hobs are perfect for the kitchen island making a focal point, but also look great along the main kitchen run
- Washing machines are ideal behind a closed door within an integrated unit. If you are lucky enough to have a utility room then that’s the perfect place for these bulky appliances.
Contact us today @ Oxford Granites to find out more information on our stone products and how they can be used within your kitchen and around those special built-in appliances – we look forward to hearing from you.